Saturday, January 20, 2007

See Pan's Labyrinth At The Theater.


I am not going to write a review of Guillermo's del Toro's Pan's Labyrinth, I just saw it and want to savor the strength and emotion of this masterful film. I will direct anyone whose reading this to check out the reviews by Tim Lucas or Roger Ebert instead or just head over to Metacritic to see the near unanimous praise this film is getting.
I am mainly writing to urge everyone to go see this at the theater, don't wait for the DVD and for God's sake don't download it. It's rare to see a film as powerful as this in wide release, Picturehouse films should be applauded for releasing this wide and uncut.
This politically charged, visually stunning fantasy is one of the best films I have seen in a long time and seeing it in a theater reminded me of the power of the big screen. Don't miss it, this is one of the greats.

1 comment:

chris said...

I agree with you: this certainly a picture to see at the theater.