Monday, March 19, 2007

Forty Years Of Jimmy Webb

This year marks the fortieth anniversary of Glen Campbell taking a little known song called BY THE TIME I GET TO PHOENIX to the upper reaches of the pop and country charts and introducing the world to a young songwriter named Jimmy Webb. All of this week, in addition to my regular posts, I will be paying tribute to the great Jimmy Webb with articles on his undervalued solo albums as well as great albums he produced and wrote for artists ranging from Richard Harris to the Fifth Dimension.
Jimmy Webb remains an artist that continually pushes the boundaries of songwriting, composing and arranging and he has influenced countless numbers of artists in pop, rock, country, punk and even classical music. I can't think of a more deserving man to give week long tribute to than the great Mr. Webb.
As I said, I will continue to have my regular posts throughout the week but I hope those reading enjoy my upcoming tributes to one of the greats.

No comments: