Sunday, May 27, 2007

Louisville's Wonderfest 2007



Today I got to make a quick stop at Louisville's always great Wonderfest. Despite my current limited budget and tight time schedule, I had a great time. The biggest highlight was meeting Tim and Donna Lucas in person. Both were very warm and friendly and it was nice getting to spend a few minutes talking to them. My nervousness caused me to not get a photo which I am kicking myself about now...I did get a few pictures of the event which I will hopefully post at a later date.
Besides meeting Tim and Donna, I did score a couple of pocketbook friendly purchases including a great condition original one-sheet for the 1971 shocker THE MEPHISTO WALTZ (probably a case of a poster being better than the film but I was still pleased to have come across it) and a copy of Enzo Casellari's GREAT WHITE (LAST SHARK). I was particularly happy to come across a copy of this rare film because I can still remember seeing this with my mom in Henderson, Kentucky way back in 1982. I was 9 years old and it stands as the first Italian genre film I ever saw, although I definitely wasn't aware of it at the time. I look forward to revisiting the film after so many years.
Wonderfest happens every year and it is a great event for Louisville and the surrounding area. The website for it is linked below and anyone who hasn't attended before should mark their calenders for next year.

www.wonderfest.com

No comments: