Monday, May 21, 2007

Mondays With Jane Birkin

YouTube apparently doesn't like me much these days because they are talking longer and longer to post videos here. So today's video of Jane might pop up later this week or not at all but in the meantime here are two more photos. One is from a great outdoor photo shoot taken, I think, around the time her and Serge cut their first album together. The other is a shot of her and the legendary Alain Delon on the set of I believe THE SWIMMING POOL.

Kimberly at Cinebeats has posted a wonderful tribute to Delon (link is to the right) that everyone should check out. I'll try to incorporate the video from Youtube into this post whenever it pops up, thanks for the enthusiasm last week to battling Mondays with Jane.


Rogue Spy 007 said...

I love the two pictures of Jane. She is so beautiful. Thanks for posting them. Hopefully you'll be able to get the video up here.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks for commenting. I'm glad you like the photos. I'm not sure what is up with Youtube but hopefully the video will pop up sometime.
Thanks again for stopping by.


Great pics and many thanks for mentioning my Delon post Jeremy! I need to see The Swimming Pool with English subs. I've only seen the French version of the film and I know I'm missing a lot since I don't spaek French, but Delon and Jane are wonderful in it together, along with Romy.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Kimberly,
I like The Swimming Pool a lot and am surprised it hasn't been re-released on dvd. I have the old American dubbed VHS version of it, I'd love to see a French version with subs. I agree all three are great in it, the scenes with Alain and Romy seem particularly intense to doubt due to their real life realitionship. Romy is incredibly beautiful in this film...anyway, hope it gets a re-release sometime in the near future.
As always thanks for your comments.

Rogue Spy 007 said...

So is "The Swimming Pool" only on VHS? I've never seen it. I wouldn't mind though. I do love these Jane blog posts. I know I'll enjoy any you do. I guess the video never showed up. That's a shame. Oh well.

Jeremy Richey said...

I know there is an import dvd of "The Swimming Pool" but it's only been released on vhs in the States. There are some clips on Youtube last I checked if you want to give them a look. It's a good film, hopefully an American dvd release will happen sometime in the future...thanks again