Thursday, May 31, 2007

We've Lost Jean-Claude Brialy


Kimberly over at the mighty Cinebeats has posted the very sad news that one of the great icons of French cinema, Jean-Claude Brialy, has passed away. I will be posting my own tribute to Jean-Claude tomorrow. Kimberly has some very nice thoughts on the great Brialy, some beautiful pictures and some links at her Cinebeats which is linked to the right.
We have lost a lot of great ones already in this still young year, I am very sad to hear this news.

2 comments:

cinebeats said...

Thanks for the shout-out Jeremy! The news about Brialy was very depressing today and has put me in a funk. My father-in-law has been in the hospital recently so I've been rather distracted from writing and to come online today and see this news was a real drag...

Anyway, I do look forward to reading your own thoughts about Brialy. He was in so many great films!

I also look forward to your review of Fay Grim.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Kimberly,
Sorry to hear you have been having a rough week. I hope your father-in-law is okay and all works out for the best.
Hope you enjoy the Brialy tribute...take care...Jeremy