Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Zulawski's The Third Part Of The Night On Dvd


Andrzej Zulawski's 1971 feature TRZECIA CZESC NOCY (THE THIRD PART OF THE NIGHT) has been released in Britain on dvd. I have always wanted to see this film and am excited to hear that it has resurfaced.
Zulawski has been one of my favorite filmmakers for the last ten years or so but many of his films have been particularly hard to track down so this is very welcome news.
Here is a link for a review of the disc:
http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=64915
They give the disc and film a good rating and they have several intriguing screen caps.

Thanks to Martin Brooks over at the Mobius forum for posting this important news.

The disc is available from Tony's always fabulous Xpolited cinema for a very good price. The link to his site is over to the right.

4 comments:

colinr0380 said...

I'm very excited about seeing this film, my copy arrived last week and is in my to watch pile right now! It will be the first Zulawski film I'll have seen - I kept meaning to get the Anchor Bay disc of Possession but when I eventually got around to ordering it, it has gone out of print!

colinr0380 said...

There is a review of the disc here too: http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDReviews30/third_part_of_the_night.htm

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks for the comments Colin,
I am really excited to see this pictue and hope to get the disc from Xploited in the next week or so. Thanks for the link to the other review.
I highly recommend "Possession" if you can locate that out of print disc.
I posted a longer look at another Zulawski favorite that can be located if you do a search under his name on the blog.
I also recommend two of his films with Sophie Marceau,"Fidelity" and "My Nights Are More Beautiful Than Your days" that can both be found pretty cheaply on disc...thanks again.

Ian said...

Hi all,

Second Run are very happy with the positive word of mouth that this release has generated. We thought the film was very special and are pleased to see how well people have been reacting to it.

Ian
www.secondrundvd.com