Thursday, June 28, 2007

David Cronenberg's Eastern Promises Trailer


Thanks to Tim Lucas for noting that this trailer had been posted online. This looks amazing and I am so excited to see Naomi Watts in a Cronenberg film. Watts is, in my opinion, possibly the finest actress to come out in the past ten years so the idea of seeing her in one of David's films is very exciting.
EASTERN PROMISES is due out in September and also stars the great Vincent Cassell as well as returning Cronenberg star Viggo Mortensen.
I always feel like celebrating upon the arrival of a new Cronenberg picture, so press play and mark your calendars for September.

8 comments:

scott said...

Looks really great!

Jeremy Richey said...

I think so too...thanks Scott for commenting

scott said...

just sent a friend request for myspace, we have several favorites in common it seems..alot of kinski in my html there

i am a big cronenberg fan! CRASH and DEAD RINGERS are probably my favorites

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks,
I'll head over to MySpace shortly...always nice to find someone with similar tastes...thanks again...

Cinebeats said...

I can't wait for this! I'm not a huge fan of Watts but I think Viggo is just amazing and I'm so glad he stopped making hobbit movies and is working with Cronenberg now. His early work in horror films is just so fantastic and under appreciated.

Viggo and Cronenberg seem to be developing a creative relationship that will last for awhile since both men have said how much they enjoy working together. Viggo has even said that Cronenberg is the BEST director he's ever had.

The clip looks interesting!

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Kimberly,
I like Viggo too and am glad to see him working with Cronenberg again. This should absolutely be one of the best films of the year...thanks again...

Rogue Spy 007 said...

Cronenberg is an amazing filmmaker. Whether it's been
"Crash," "Dead Ringers,"
"Spider," "A History of Violence," etc., I'm a huge fan of his work. He does some interesting stuff. While I'm excited to see both Naomi and Viggo in this film, I'm most psyched by one of my favorite actors being in it, Vincent Cassel. I think he's awesome.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith,
I really love Cassell too...he always brings a lot to any film he appears in...I agree with you on Cronenberg also, simply one of the heavyweights who never lets me down..