Sunday, June 17, 2007

Nostalgia Kinky Is A Go


Readers of this blog might have gathered, from the name of it, that I am a fan of Nastassja Kinski. Actually Nastassja has been my favorite actress for twenty years and I have been planning the past few months to pay a special tribute to her.
So in a move that will not affect this blog at all, I have given Moon In The Gutter a sister site.
Linked to the right is my new side project blog Nostalgia Kinky. I have set this up to celebrate, what I consider, the very underrated film career of Nastassja Kinski. This blog will consist of reviews of all of Nastassja's films in the order of their release as well as some other goodies. Let me say again that business will continue here at Moon In The Gutter and I will continue posting here like usual on a daily basis. Nostalgia Kinky is just my little side project and I hope to get at least one review up there a week.
It is active as of yesterday and my first review, for Nastassja's debut in Wim Wenders WRONG MOVE, has been posted. I suspect that the readership for this new blog will be small but if any visitors of this blog happen to admire Nastassja stop by Nostalgia Kinky and give it a look.
I will leave it linked on the right and occasionally I might post something here on it if something special is going on over there. Otherwise Moon In The Gutter will back in business tomorrow with my regular Monday Jane Birkin feature and some other treats.

I'm getting about 300 or so hits a day now and I wanted to thank those who continue to stop by, leave comments and have been nice enough to supply links to Moon In The Gutter on your own blogs and message boards. I appreciate the support more than I can say.
I have recently set up a MySpace profile, also linked to the right, so if you haven't already send me a friend request, please do so.

Finally a big thank you to Kimberly at Cinebeats who was nice enough to send me some incredible shots of Nastassja I had never seen, including the pictured above stunning promotional shot from none other than MOON IN THE GUTTER.

4 comments:

Tim Lucas said...

"Nostalgia Kinky" -- great name for a blog. Good luck with it!

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Tim,
I appreciate it. Sometime in the eighties a critic mentioned the words nostalgic and kinky in the same sentence describing her and I just threw them together. I am trying to find that original quote so I can put it on the blog...great to hear from you and thanks for good wishes...

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I do love the name of the new blog. It sounds great. I do think Nastassja Kinski isn't as highly regarded as she should be. She's a very talented and sexy actress. I've seen her in a few flicks, such as "Tess" and "Cat People." I'd love to learn more about her. Plus it will be nice to see more hot pics of her. Good luck with the new blog. I wish you the best with it and, of course, with this one. You know how much I love those Mondays with Jane.

Jeremy Richey said...

I think Nastassja has deserved a lot more attention and credit than she gotten and I hope I can do a little bit to help bring it her way with the new blog.
Even in the weaker films she has made, and there have been a lot in the last decade, I still find her to be extraordinary.
I hope you like the new blog and find out about some films you haven't seen before....thanks again.