Friday, June 1, 2007

So Long Jean-Claude

My fellow blogger and friend Kimberly from Cinebeats was nice enough to email me this incredible shot of Jean-Claude and Serge Gainsbourg this afternoon and I thought it would provide a perfect ending to my day long tribute to him.
Jean-Claude Brialy was among a handful of actors, Brigitte Bardot and Alain Delon included, who fueled my major passion for French cinema as a teenager. His work has meant a great deal to me and the posts today were in dedication to him.
My best wishes are with his family, friends and fellow fans. Looking at this photograph reminds me that we probably won't see this kind of greatness again in our lifetimes, but what a wonderful thing it is to remember it.
So after one of the most prolific and impressive careers in French film history, Jean-Claude Brialy can finally rest. I already miss him.


cinebeats said...

Wonderful tribute Jeremy! I really enjoyed redaing all your thoughts about Brialy and his work as and actor.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Kimberly for the nice comment and great photo!
Glad you enjoyed it...