Monday, June 18, 2007

There Will Be Blood


Paul Thomas Anderson has been my favorite modern American director since he arrived on the scene over a decade ago. His first film in five years is going to be unleashed later this year and here is the first little teaser from it.
I must say from watching this that this is clearly going to be a Paul Thomas Anderson picture, no matter that this marks the first time he is working from outside source material.
THERE WILL BE BLOOD stars a near unrecognizable Daniel Day Lewis and will be in theaters this Fall. It is Anderson's first work since 2002's beguiling PUNCH DRUNK LOVE and it is my most anticipated film of the year.

4 comments:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

This film looks fascinating. I agree with you on Anderson. He's a great filmmaker. Day-Lewis defintely looks different in this film. I bet he'll turn in another brilliant performance in this one. It's great to see him working again.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith,
I am super psyched for this film. Anderson is batting a perfect 1,000 with me and I am expecting this film to continue his winning streak.

Tom Sutpen said...

There have been isolated moments in the last decade when I've thought Anderson might just be the best American filmmaker alive; certainly the best to emerge in the last 25 years. Seeing this makes me think I'll be revisiting that thought again.

Damn.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Tom,
I feel the same way about Anderson and i am extremely excited about this film.
Thanks for stopping by and commenting.