Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Amando de Ossorio's Night Of The Sorcerers Tribute Site


In anticipation of its long awaited release on dvd in August, a splendid tribute site dedicated to Amando de Ossorio's incredibly trippy and strange NIGHT OF THE SORCERERS site has popped up. I love it when fans take the time to really put together something like this. I just started looking through it and, while it is a work in progress, it is a terrific and detailed tribute to a film that most people wouldn't even think of honoring.

Head over to http://www.nightofthesorcerers.com/ for a really fun and informative time.

NIGHT OF THE SORCERERS is scheduled to be released by Deimos on August 21st and the following specs have been released:
o Complete uncut version
o Anamorphic Widescreen (1.66:1)
o Two Audio Tracks: In Castilian with English Subtitles and English Dubbed Track
o Alternated “Clothed” Version of the Nude scene used fro the original Spanish Theatrical release (Silent)
o U.S. Theatrical Trailer
o Spanish Credit Sequence
o Still Gallery

I am super excited to trade in my blurry old grey market dupe of this film in exchange for this new disc.

6 comments:

Cinebeats said...

I can't wait for this! I don't believe I've ever seen the film but I love Amando de Ossorio's films.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Kimberly,
I am really looking forward to seeing a good print of this. I think you will like it...it isn't as good as his Blind Dead films but I think it's a lot of fun...thanks again for the comment

mike said...

I've been really confused about different sites advertising this as the first US release because I swear I saw this on DVD for sale with similar packaging as the Naschy vehicle Horror Rises From the Tomb... maybe it was a bootleg? Regardless, I haven't seen this yet, but I really like Ossorio's Blind Dead films so would like to check this out!

Jeremy Richey said...

Not sure about that other release...this one will hopefully prove definitive...thanks for commenting and stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Back in 2004, a company called Mondo Crash had announced an upcoming release of the title, which was intended to be part of a series of Spanish horror releases...They did release a version of Horror Rises From the Tomb, the first title of the planned series, but the others never materialized.

They claimed that poor sales of the first release put a stop to an other titles coming out, but I remember that there was also some buzz online questioning their source material, and the legitimacy of their planned releases etc.

The cover for Night of the Sorcerers that they were planning to use still shows up as a released title (albeit out of print) on some online retailer sites...

Jeremy Richey said...

That's interesting...thanks for the information and for stopping by.