Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Benefit Of Having A Friend In Spain



About a year ago I made friends with a lovely girl here at school named Amanda. She quickly become one of my best friends and a couple of months ago I was saddened to see her move to Spain with her fiancee Mario. One thing I always said to Amanda was that if I ever got to visit her in Spain I would most definitely run into my favorite Spanish actress, Paz Vega, in Madrid, a thought which Amanda always welcomed with a laugh and a 'fat chance'.
Last week I got an emergency call at work from Madrid, Spain. Fearing the worst I picked up to find a very excited Amanda on the line telling me I would never guess who she and Mario had just met. "Paz Vega", I slyly replied and suddenly my months of dreaming that she could indeed be easily met in Madrid had a real legitimacy to them.

I typically don't care much for autographs...I have a few and like them but they are only good if there is a story behind them, so this one is most definitely one of my favorites.
A few things I have gathered about Paz Vega from my friend's encounter is:
1. She is very warm and nice.
2. Likes that she has some American fans.
3. Looks even better in person.
4. Rides in an S.U.V.
5. Has the most exquisite skin that Mario has ever seen.

So, a big thank you to my friend Amanda and her fiancee Mario for supplying me with this lovely little piece of paper from one of my favorite actresses and I must admit biggest crushes. I'll probably never get to meet Paz Vega but it is nice to know that if I ever do get to Madrid it is at least possible.

For more of the lovely award winning Spanish actress Paz Vega, visit her official site at:
www.paz-vega.com
or this nice little tribute site:
http://www.geocities.com/paz_vega/

8 comments:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I've never heard of her before, but you've definitely sold me on her though. She's absolutely gorgeous. Wow! What a stunner! I'll have to look more into her now. That's so great that your friend got that autograph for you. It's also wonderful that she's nice and beautiful in person. Some stars aren't either.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith,
Paz is awesome. She has only appeared in a handful of English language films (Spanglish, Ten Items Or Less) but her Spanish work has been pretty prolific with Amodovar's Talk To Me and Medem's incredible Sex And Lucia being the best.
I highly recommend Sex and Lucia to you...it is close to being my favorite film of the decade...
thanks for commenting..

Cinebeats said...

What a wonderful gift! I've only seen Paz in Talk to Her but she's very lovely. Congrats Jeremy!

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Kimberly,
I need to do a posting on "Sex And Lucia" to turn some people on to it...it is an amazing film that has really haunted me these last few years...thanks for commenting

scott said...

yes, SEX AND LUCIA what an amazing movie..Vega is wonderful.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Scott,
"Sex and Lucia" has rapidly become an all time favorite so it is nice to hear some love for it. I think it's a really special film and Paz is amazing in it...thanks again for commenting

Richard Gibson said...

Interesting, I just watched 'Tierra', Medem can certainly pick actresses very well indeed and his photographers know how to photograph them. 'Sex and Lucia' is great and PV is certainly one of the Medem ladies for want of a better phrase.

I was in Madrid earlier this month too, sadly no PV sightings.

Hasta lluego Jeremy.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Richard...I appreciate the comments..I haven't seen Tierra yet but really admire Medem and am looking forward to it...thanks again