Thursday, July 5, 2007

There Is Only One Bullitt!


I like Brad Pitt and I think for the most part he makes good career decisions but I hope that the ugly rumor that he is going to remake BULLITT is just that, a very ugly rumor. There is only one Lt. Frank Bullitt and the actor who played him was named Steve. End of story...I'm putting up with a lot of remakes and even seeing some of them but Brad Pitt as Bullitt? No, we just can't have that.
Here is the story if your heart can take it...frankly mine can't.

http://movies.monstersandcritics.com/news/article_1325923.php/Brad_Pitts_Bullitt

4 comments:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

Man, you are so right on this. I'm so sick of Hollywood remakes. Why can't they leave classics alone is a plea I have for the studios. "Bullitt" is one of my favorite movies of Steve McQueen. While Brad Pitt is a pretty good actor, he's no McQueen. There's only one of him. I remember growing up that I had these certain tough guy actors I thought were so cool, such as Charles Bronson, Lee Marvin, Clint Eastwood, and Steve McQueen. Hollywood needs to respect the legacy of McQueen and this awesomely cool flick of his.

Jeremy Richey said...

I agree, I am getting really fed up with all of the remakes. I like Pitt a lot but he should know better than to try to step into Steve's shoes...hopefully this will never happen.

Cinebeats said...

I'm not a fan of Pitt so I'm afraid that this news made me vomit in my mouth a little. :(

Pitt is a completly different actor than McQueen...ugh.

I can't understand all the remakes. There are so many great books and comics that could be turned into films and I'm sure there must be screenwriters looking for work, and yet every year we get more and more crappy remakes.

Jeremy Richey said...

I agree Kimberly and I really hope this doesn't happen...thanks for commenting