Sunday, July 22, 2007

This Kind Of Cool Only Exists In One Man


I have been helping a friend move all weekend and I am frankly exhausted. That kind of rare exhaustion that is beyond tired but I am not going to let that stop me from saying Happy Birthday to Terence Stamp.
Terence was one of the first people I ever posted about on this blog, and the first in my 'Great Ones' series. I just found a lovely video of Ray Davies and Damon Albarn doing WATERLOO SUNSET on YouTube and attempted to post it here to show the impact Stamp and London in the sixties continues to have, but alas YouTube is apparently not liking me today as the video is a no show. Perhaps it will pop up later but if not, swing over to YouTube and watch this incredible duet between two icons from two generations singing of "Terry and Julie' and a time that still resonates. Then go and have a double feature with POOR COW and THE LIMEY and help pay tribute to an actor and man who deserves having a tribute paid to him.
Terence is 68 today and the always reliable Kimberly from Cinebeats has posted a fine tribute to him. In my Toby Dammit type exhaustion I can only say Happy Birthday Terence and thank you for giving some of the greatest and most stirring performances I have ever seen.

4 comments:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I hope you got your friend settled in. Moving, whether it's you doing it or someone you know, can be great a task. I saw the tribute that Kimberly did on Cinebeats. I'll have to check out this video you mentioned. I've always been a huge fan of Terence Stamp. "The Limey" is a great flick of his. He's wonderful in it. It's definitely one of his best. I watched "Superman" this weekend so it was neat to see him in it. I'll have to watch
"Superman II" soon to really see him. I'll have to get some Terence movies soon, both older and more newer stuff, to remind myself what a great actor he is.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith,
He's amazing...probably my favorite part of "Superman 2" is Terence.
Thanks again and I hope you enjoy some more of his films when you get to see them...

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I was never as much of a Superman fan as Batman. He's more to my liking. So the best part about Superman II was definitely Terence. I thought he was great in it. I do want to watch some more of his movies. It's about time to watch "The Limey" again.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith,
I'm a big fan of Margot Kidder and grew up with the "Superman" so I think I gravitate towards them more, the first two films at least. Although of the tv series I do probably prefer "Batman".
Thanks again...