Monday, August 27, 2007

All The Best To Owen Wilson

Readers here will hopefully know that I try to stay away from delving too much into people's personal lives unless it is directly related to their work, but I did want to wish all the best to talented Owen Wilson this morning as he is apparently going through a pretty rough time.
Wilson is a gifted, charming and very funny actor and I really have enjoyed his comedic roles in the past decade. The main thing that has endured me to him though is that he was partially responsible for two of my favorite films from the past fifteen years or so, Wes Anderson's RUSHMORE and THE ROYAL TENENBAUMS. Wilson is credited as co-screenwriter on both and they are two of the most literate and moving scripts in modern American cinema. THE ROYAL TENENBAUMS especially moved me in ways that few modern American films even come close to.
So a good wish to Owen Wilson and I hope that everything works out for the best and that he has his family and friends with him for support. He's a writer and actor I very much admire and I am really sorry to hear about the problems he is experiencing. All the best to him.

4 comments:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I was really saddened to hear the news about Owen Wilson. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. He is a good actor. I've enjoyed quite a few of his movies, including "Wedding Crashers." We aren't sure yet what exactly happened or why, but my heart goes out to him and his loved ones.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith,
Hearing that story really was a sad way to start off the week. I hopem whatever is going on, that he will be okay...

cinebeats said...

I was sad to read about Owen's troubles today. I like the guy a lot and he's got talent. It's always a sorry state of affairs when funny men can't keep up the happy front anymore. I wish him well.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Kimberly,
I do hope he is okay. He is a really talented writer and great actor who can play comedy as well as drama well. I do hope that all works out for him and that he has people around who are being supportive and loving to him.
Thanks again.