Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Dean Martin Will Put Cool Back In The Charts Again

I usually don't go in much for posthumous duet albums but I must admit that I am very excited about the upcoming Dean Martin album, FOREVER COOL, which hits stores on August 14th.
With the incredible success of THE ESSENTIAL DEAN MARTIN and THE RAT PACK LIVE AND SWINGING, two albums which surprised critics by both debuting in the top forty, it seems a pretty sure bet that FOREVER COOL is going to do quite well.
Recorded in Hollywood's Legendary Studio A, the site where Dean recorded many of his greatest tracks, the new album will feature 14 tracks and 13 newly recorded duets with singers ranging from Joss Stone to Shelby Lynne. Dean's recordings have been remastered and each singer was brought into the studio to add their portion of the song to his original vocals. Of the tracks I have heard portions of I think the talented Shelby Lynne really delivers the goods and I am really anticipating hearing Charles Aznavour with Dean.
The album will also contain an acoustic version of Dean's haunting LULLABY as well as some original studio chatter. The Dean Martin estate, and specifically his daughter, have given their full support to this recording and it looks to be a very classy affair.
Their will be a CD/DVD combination released along with the single disc version that will include a near half hour making of documentary.
I will post my thoughts on the new album once I hear it in a couple of weeks. In the meantime those curious should check Dean's official site at:


That will also link you to his MySpace where you can hear samples.

Also be sure to stop by my friend's fantastic Ilovedinomartin blog that is always linked to the right for reports on the album.


dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie Jeremy, how's it goin' dude. Thanks so much for doin' your part to share news of this great new Dinotrib Dinoalbum with the world. I can hardly wait for this...have you seen the Dinoteaser of the Dinovid yet...it is pretty Dinoamazin'!!! And, thanks so much for givin' a nod to the Dinoblog....do try to stay on top of all things Dino!!! Lookin' forward to your Dinothoughts once you hear the new Dinoalbum!

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks pallie for the comment...I love that teaser you mentioned, this looks like a really sincere and heartfelt tribute to the man.
Thanks for stopping by and commenting

Rogue Spy 007 said...

Hey Jeremy. Thanks pallie for posting this blog about the upcoming tribute CD to Dino. Many times these tribute albums aren't that great or are just a way to sell more records. This one seems quite different. There is a lot of love in this one. Plus from the clips I've heard so far, I'm digging what I hear. The teaser video was great. It was cool to hear what these artists had to say about Dino and what he means. Dean Martin's music is timeless. We can see that with the success of all the albums, such as the Essential CD, that have come out over the last few years. Thanks again. I can't wait for Aug. 14!

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith,
I agree, I think this project is different from most cash in attempts...thanks for the comments..