Saturday, September 1, 2007

Artist and Muse #27


One of Federico Fellini's final projects was directing a commercial advertising BANCA DI ROMA for his friend Paolo Villaggio in the early nineties. Starring in the commercial was a stunning young model named Anna Falchi. The commercial would help Falchi's blossoming acting career and eventually land her a pivotal and unforgettable role in Michele Soavi's amazing DELLAMORTE DELLAMORE (1994), a role which would prove to be one of the most memorable Italian horror performances of the nineties.
Unlike her DELLAMORTE DELLAMORE costar, Rupert Everett, Falchi appears to be very proud of her role and can be seen in Anchor Bay's special edition documentary remembering the film.
Anna has a great web site at http://www.annafalchi.net/ that is well worth visiting and under her heroes section at her My Space she lists just one, the incomparable Federico Fellini.

6 comments:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I loved Dellamorte Dellamore. It is an amazing film. Anna Falchi was so beautiful in it. I wonder why Rupert Everett isn't proud of this film. He's done a lot of films I would be ashamed of, this isn't one of them.

angie Cox said...

Are you presuming he is ashamed or have you read that he is ? I have read his autobiography and he doesn't talk about it but then he doesn't talk about many others. Maybe he has no funny anecdotes or didn't particulary enjoy making it? I find it stomach-churning but admit it is a very fine film of that genre .

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith,
I appreciate the comments...

Hi Angie,
Thanks for commenting and stopping by. It is my understanding he wasn't happy with the film although I might be mistaken. I do know he didn't mention it in his autobiography (and isn't in Anchor Bay's documentary) but I wasn't trying to make a definitive statement on it, except to say that Falchi is obviously proud of the film and Rupert is silent.
I love the film and think it is one of the finest Italian films of the past couple of decades...I also think that it is among Rupert Everett's best performances...
thanks again for commenting and reading.

cinebeats said...

Dellamorte Dellamore is one of my all-time favorite films, but I don't know a thing about Anna Falchi so thanks for posting a link to her site and talking about her work with Fellini.

I think the film is Rupert Everett's best (with Another Country and Dance with a Stranger being his other best films in my opinion) and it's a shame that he seems to have distanced himself from it.

Soavi is a great director and I really wish he would make more films.

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I think this is Everett's best work. I loved it. Definitely one of my favorite Italian movies of the last couple of decades.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Kimberly,
I love this film so much. I think it is among the best Italian Horror films...I really just know Falchi from it but that is enough for me...she is quite stunning and I think her performance in Soavi's film is really fine...

Keith,
I agree with your last comments as well....thanks to you both