Thursday, September 13, 2007

Artist and Muse #28


I think it is tragic that the films of Russ Meyer aren't more readily available on quality DVD presentations. Last years BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS set is already one of my all time favorite special editions. I find it incredibly frustrating that special editions of all of this man's inventive and influential works are not available. It is a real shame.
Above is a shot of Russ and the great Edy Williams around the time of BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS. Hopefully one day his work will get released on affordable and high quality region one discs (I am aware of the overpriced mail order VHS ports that are currently available from RM films but they are all severely lacking in quality)...in the meantime, if you haven't gotten the special edition of BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS. What are you waiting for? It is one of the great sets out there and it is still available to blow your mind.

2 comments:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

Edy is so gorgeous here. Wow. Always been a woman I've adored. Russ is the man. Been a huge fan of his for years. It's a shame that his films don't get the due they deserve and the proper releases on dvd. This man made such cool flicks. There's never been anyone like him.

Jeremy Richey said...

I agree...I love these two. It is so frustrating that is films aren't easier to get...