Thursday, September 6, 2007

Bardot On Dvd


While I haven't had any major posts on her, regular readers of this blog have probably gathered that I am a huge fan of Brigitte Bardot. Recently released is a new box set entitled BRIGITTE BARDOT 5 FILM COLLECTION which is mostly a repackaging of the old out of print Anchor Bay collection although it does feature the previously unavailable on disc A COEUR JOIE, and a new documentary with Hugh Hefner hosting. I don't have the set yet but will eventually pick it up.
I just came across this very interesting, if slightly outdated article, focusing on Bardot on DVD. It is pretty detailed, well researched and is written by a fellow Vadim fan. I highly recommend it and here is the link:

http://www.sensesofcinema.com/contents/dvd/06/39/brigitte_bardot.html

Bardot, despite being one of the most famous women of the past century, has a career that is often overlooked. This article is a real nice resource for fans of hers.

3 comments:

GetFlix said...

I've got Vadim's autobiography kicking around somewhere. Have never read it, but it has a bunch of great photos in it.

Rogue Spy 007 said...

Hey Jeremy. I said I was in a Bardot mood this morn. Had no clue that you had done a blog on her. Wow. I guess great minds think alike. This is one of the most stunningly beautiful women there's ever been. I do think her career is sometimes overlooked. I had seen that this boxed set was coming out. I would love to get it. Thanks for sharing that link with us. I'm going to check it out now. Huge Bardot fan here. I worship at her altar.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Getflix,
I like both of Vadim's books on the women in his life and recommend them.

Thanks Keith and I agree. There will never be anyone like Bardot.