Friday, October 19, 2007

The Best American Film Of The Year


Although there are many more hopefully great films coming out this year, I feel confident enough to say that I won't admire any one more than Tony Gilroy's MICHAEL CLAYTON. I am frankly too blown away by the film, and George Clooney's magnificent performance, to write about it not now, but I urge everyone to see it in a theater. To apply an overused cliche that actually applies here, they don't make them like this anymore.
I will post a long write up on it in the future, for now check out this excellent look at it from the great Mr. Peel's Sardine Liqueur. Also check out the phenomenal reviews it is getting from critics all over the country here at Metacritic.

4 comments:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I look forward to your more thorough review of this film. From the trailer it looks like a great film. It's got a wonderful cast. George Clooney has been doing some incredible work, plus I'm a huge fan of Tilda Swinton.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith,
Tilda will blow you away in this...I think it is one of her best performances...

Lastyear said...

I liked Michael Clayton a lot but feels it suffered some from predictability.I was never surprised.I like The Assassination of Jesse James and No Country For Old Men much better.I was lucky enough to get to see an advance screening of No Country and as of now its my favorite film this year.Paul W Andersons There Will Be Blood is the only thing I see coming up that could be better.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks for your viewpoints LastYear, much appreciated.
I am super excited about the other films you mentioned especially the PTA film. I already think this has been a really solid year for American Film, so I hope some of these can join Michael Clayton for me as among the best...thanks again...