Wednesday, October 3, 2007

I Need To See This Movie


I am struck flipping through Caelum Vatnsdal's fascinating history of Candian Horror films, THEY CAME FROM WITHIN, by how many obscure horror films from the sixties, seventies and eighties that I still need to see. It is always exciting to be reminded that it is impossible to run out of films to watch.
Of the many titles popping out to me in this book, I must say that none sound more appealing to me than Ivan Reitman's 1973 film CANNIBAL GIRLS. After watching the trailer on YouTube, I absolutely need to see this movie right now. Reitman has never been a favorite, although I love STRIPES, but this film looks like one I could fall in love with.
This AIP distributed film might very well not live up to my expectations for it but I am now on a mission to track it down. There are several things I need in this life; a roof over my head, coffee in the morning, a time machine, my cat to talk, an evening with Asia Argento and to see this movie.

5 comments:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

No matter how many films I've seen, there are still tons that I've never seen, especially from the decades of the 60's and 70's. I'm always coming across new ones whether it's through blogs like yours or some other medium. This one looks really cool. I'll have to add that to the long list of must see movies.

colinr said...

It sounds fascinating - I'm always amused to see Ivan Reitman's name on films like this one and of course on Rabid, Shivers and Ilsa Tigress of Siberia! If I had been allowed on the set of Dave or My Super Ex-Girlfriend etc I'd probably have spent the whole time mentioning that fact to the cast and crew - maybe setting up screenings of these films to tease him a little!

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith,
I love being reminded that it is impossible to run out of great obscure films to track down...

Thanks also Colin...yea, it is great how Reitman's name does pop up where least suspected...this one just looks nuts. I hope I can track a copy down soon...

Cinebeats said...

This looks good! I haven't seen it myself but I look forward to reading your review of it after you watch it.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Kimberly,
As soon I secure a copy I will write on it here...thanks for the comments