Monday, November 5, 2007

Artist and Muse #32


Looks like BARBARELLA is another film getting ready to fall under the wrath of the remakes. I wish everyone would take the time and just watch Roman Coppola's miraculous (and little seen) CQ instead...
Here is Roger Vadim leading Jane Fonda around on what would become one of the sets of BARBARELLA. From the always great Cinestills collection.
By the way, if they do go ahead with the new version...I hope they leave Vadim's alone and just make an adaptation of the original graphic novels.

4 comments:

Ed Hardy, Jr. said...

Yeah, why hasn't anybody seen CQ? It's a pitch-perfect recreation of two different sixties-style films. I wonder if it's the non-reaction to his first film that has kept Roman Coppola shooting second unit stuff (for great films) instead of working on a second.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Ed,
So nice to hear some love thrown CQ's way...I really love it and it is among my favorites of the decade. I keep waiting for Coppola (and the amazing Angela Lindvall) to follow it up...I hope he makes another one soon.

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I was recently watching Danger: Diabolik and the special features. I saw Roman Coppola up there. He talked about CQ. It's a film I had wanted to see, but never have. I'll definitely have to move it up on my Netflix queue. I hate to see them remaking Barbarella, but maybe it won't be a straight adaptation of the film. Any idea who will play her?

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith...the extras on DIABOLIK are great. Make sure you listen to the commentary....I have heard several rumors on who is going to play BARBARELLA and have been pretty underwhelmed by all of them. I adored Angela Lindvall in CQ and think she is a better choice than any that have been submittted..but unfortunately she isn't very well known as an actress....thanks for the comments.