Monday, November 12, 2007

Moon In The Gutter's First Poll and One Other Change


I noticed blogger added a Poll option recently, and I thought it might be fun to put some on here. My first one is concerning important directors currently under represented on DVD. It is just over to the right, and you can vote for as many as you like.
Also, if there are any directors you would like to see added, just leave a comment and I will do so. I just picked a handful off the top of my head that I would like to see more discs from.
So give a vote if you don't mind. The results will hopefully be interesting.

Also, I have added a new list to the side of the blog. This is a listing of 2007 films I have seen and my rating for them. I am basically doing this to keep track of the new works I have seen this year, and to give a quick opinion as I don't often write on new releases. Keep in mind that since I live in a smaller city, I am not able to see many foreign or indie films until they hit disc, so the list will be mostly mainstream right now. So far, MICHAEL CLAYTON is the only one I am awarding the five star-classic rating to, but several of the four star-excellent films nearly made it.
Thanks for the continuing support.

7 comments:

shadowlit said...

I certainly had to vote Vadim on the lack of Blood and Roses alone! Strange how certain works fall under the radar and other works are tangled in a web of copyright issues and distribution woes. Among other things. I suppose NOT finding a film available sometimes makes the find that much more enjoyable. Nice and informative blog J. cheers sl

colinrudge0380 said...

I don't know how I could just vote for one! I'd like every film from all of your selections!

cinebeats said...

I like the new poll feature!

I'll vote for Ken Russell and Antonio Margheriti being added to the poll and there are a ton of Japanese and German directors that could be added to a list as well. Nagisa Oshima and Franz Josef Gottlieb are just two off the top of my head. I'm sure a hundred other names will pop into my brain after I type this.

I haven’t seen hardly any new films this year. Partly due to the high cost of going to the movies (I usually spend all my movie money on DVDs) and I’m afraid that a lot of stuff just hasn't interested me much, but I enjoyed checking out your list of favorites.

Zodiac is probably my favorite new film of the year so far, but I’m really looking forward to also seeing Anton Corbijn’s Control, the Coen Brothers’ No Country for Old Men, Cronenberg’s Eastern Promises and Haynes’ I’m Not There sooner or later.

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I like the new poll as well. I couldn't vote for just one. There are quite a few I wouldn't mind seeing adding to the poll, but Ken Russell would be a definite.

I haven't been to hardly any movies at the theater this here. Between the price of the tickets, the bad behavior of my fellow movie-goers, etc., I usually wait until it hits DVD. There are quite a few films that I would love to see though when Netflix gets them.

Jeremy Richey said...

Shadowlit,
Good to see you here. Thanks so much for the comments...I love BLOOD AND ROSES as well...

Thanks Colin, much apprecited...

Thanks Kimberly,
YOur choices are great...I will have to do another onein the future, as I didn't realize you couldn't edit it after it had a vote. Can't believe I left out our man Ken.
I loved ZODIAC and want to see those others you mentioned (EASTERN PROMISES is great too)

Thanks Keith,
I still love going to the movies but I know what you mean. IT is frustrating a lot of the times...


thanks for all the comments

Steve Langton said...

Great idea for a poll. I'd like to see more films from the Ramsay Brothers. Apart from the Mondo Macabro disc (BANDH DARWAZA/PURANA MANDIR), there's nothing on Regions 1 or 2.
As far as the cinema goes, I've only been twice this year. Living in a small town with no car makes it hard to get to movies, but there's a 12 screener opening near me Spring next year so things will look up. I'd agree with Rogue Spy that poor audience behaviour is a factor as well.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Steve,
There is nothing worse than watching a great film with a crappy audience...or being near talkers. It just kills me. I try my best to go to early matinees to avoid crowds as much as possible, and then I just pray they project the film correctly.
I feel like clebrating everytime I manage to go to a film now with no problems...