Thursday, November 29, 2007

There Will Be Blood Will Be Amazing


It is tricky keeping up with an eagerly awaited upcoming film in our spoiler heavy world, but so far I have managed to just gather enough information on Paul Thomas Anderson's THERE WILL BE BLOOD without having any of its secrets given away.
The film has been screened several times now and almost all of the reactions have been overwhelmingly positive.
To keep up with all the news concerning Anderson's newest film, please bookmark and visit the excellent Cigarettes And Red Vines.
THERE WILL BE BLOOD will have a limited release just before Christmas to qualify for the Oscars, and will go wide early next year. Paul Thomas Anderson is my favorite young American filmmaker, and I frankly can't wait to see his newest work.
For more of my looks on Anderson please visit some of my older articles.

5 comments:

Brandon Colvin said...

Man, I'm so excited. I'm glad to have you around as a fellow PTA lover in a world of cynical asshole critics who can't enjoy anything if they feel like it "calls attention to itself" or is too "flashy." But goddamnit, cinema isn't all about Abbas Kiarostami and shit. There needs to be some flashy, confident, showoff directors who have something to say and present it so powerfully and so in-your-face that you can't look away or not fall in love with film all over again. For me, PTA is that director, like Martin Scorsese before him. I don't think he can really be praised enough.His four features thus far have all been masterpieces and I anticipate that "There Will Be Blood" will likewise be a visual tour-de-force of new age melodrama and gut-wrenching humanity.

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I really admire Paul Thomas Anderson. He's done some interesting work, including Boogie Nights (I love this movie) and Punch Drunk Love. With only a few films under his belt, he's still doing better films than many older and longtime directors. I am so excited about There Will Be Blood. The trailers I've seen so far looks fantastic. Plus it's got a wonderful cast, including the outstanding Daniel Day-Lewis.

Lastyear said...

I am also a big fan of PT Anderson,especially Boogie Nights and Magnolia.Altho I enjoyed Punch Drunk Love I still feel it was a mistake to use Adam Sandler whose popularity has always escaped me.I'll be very surprised if this film disappoints.Unfortunately the subject matter probably ensures that this won't make much money with audiences becoming increasingly dumber all the time.

Steve Langton said...

Can't wait to see this. PTA has done some massive work and I'd rate MAGNOLIA as one of the greatest films of the last 25 years.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Brandon, You know how much I agree with you on PTA, and I loved reading your well put comments. I share your eagerness for the new film. I love this man's films...

Thanks Keith,
Glad to hear that you damire PTA as well...hope you enjoyed my older Boogie Nights articles...

Thanks Last Year. I am not a huge Sandler fan but I thought he was splendid in PUNCH DRUNK LOVE. I'll be stunned if the new film doesn't live up to the hype as well...

Thanks Stevem
I totally agree. I think MAGNOLIA is one of the great films of the past few decades. It is a great, great masterpiece...