Monday, December 31, 2007

Artist and Muse #33


Director Fernando di Leo stands in between his two stars, Gloria Guida and Lilli Carati, on the set of the extremely strange and brutal TO BE TWENTY (AVERE VENT’ANNI).
This very odd 1978 film by di Leo is available from Xploited in a striking two disc special edition, which includes two versions of the film and a documentary on the making of it.
I'll be honest and admit that I am not sure what I think of the film, but I love its two stars and admire its director very much. Those who haven't seen it should give the film a look and this set is the best way to go right now.

3 comments:

celinejulie said...

I like TO BE TWENTY very much, though it makes me feel very sad and very angry at some society in the end.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks celinejulie,
that ending is something else isn't it? Very shocking and sad stuff...thanks for the comment

Rogue Spy 007 said...

Never seen this one, but I'm a fan of its cast.