Friday, December 7, 2007

Le Samourai From Out 1


My buddy, and Out 1 contributor, Brandon Colvin has a great piece on the opening moments from Jean-Pierre Melville's LE SAMOURAI at Jim Emerson's Chicago Sun Times blog that everyone should check out. The film, and Alain Delon's performance in it, are among my all time favorites and Brandon does a great job describing its iconic opening in this piece.
I like this ongoing series of movie openings posts that Emerson has, and might try to get one together myself. Brandon's is among the best featured there so far...

4 comments:

Lastyear said...

One of my all time favorite films.As far as openings go it's hard to beat Once Upon a Time in the West.

Brandon Colvin said...

Thanks for the link and post, Jeremy. Hopefully, the piece will get some readers! Maybe even some new Out 1 fans.

I would love to read an opening shots entry by the great Jeremy Richey. You should totally do it.

-Brandon

Rogue Spy 007 said...

Thanks for posting the link in your blog. I just checked it out. I really enjoyed it. I love this film. Alain Delon is one of my favorite actors and I love him in this film.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Lastyear...yea that opening to ONCE UPON IN THE WEST is extraordinary...

No problem Brandon...I really enjoyed your piece. I would like to submit one, I just need to figure out what to do...

Thanks Keith,
Delon is the man...never been anyone else like him...