Thursday, December 13, 2007

David Lynch's Lost Highway To Finally Hit DVD


It looks like my favorite David Lynch film is finally going to hit Region 1 DVD in March of 08. I must admit that I am not as in love with Lynch's films as I used to be (which is my own fault not his), but LOST HIGHWAY has continued to blow my mind in the ten years since I first saw it in multiple screenings back in 1997.
It looks like the only extra will unfortunately just be an interview with Lynch, but I am just grateful to finally replace my worn out VHS copy-guarded nightmare that I have had for so many years now. Go to this link to read more details on the release and see the cover art.
Below is one of my favorite scenes from the film...and actually one of my favorite scenes in all of Lynch's impressive canon. If I didn't know that this was a Doc Pomus song I would swear that Lou Reed wrote it specifically for Patricia Arquette in this scene.

7 comments:

Lastyear said...

About time.There was a fullscreen version floating around a few years back.It looked terrible.I prefer Mulholland Dr.,Blue Velvet and Wild at Heart but still find Lost Highway fascinating.Patricia has never looked better.Unfortunately his last film Inland Empire I found almost unwatchable.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Last Year...I love the three you mentioned as well and agree about Patricia...

I have yet to watch INLAND EMPIRE but will eventually...

Brandon Colvin said...

Wow. This is exciting news. I love LOST HIGHWAY.

Contrary to what lasyear says, I feel that INLAND EMPIRE might be Lynch's best film. It's a close one between it and ERASERHEAD.

Steve Langton said...

Good to hear LH is coming to R1. The R2 release has possibly the same Lynch interview, plus interviews with Pullman, Arquette, Loggia, a making of and a featurette.I'd been waiting for this one for so long. Glad I'm not the only one who rates INLAND as possibly Lynch's best film. I went the R1 route for this one, mainly for the 'More Things That Happened' extras.

Jeremy Richey said...

I will absolutely watch INLAND soon, as eventually I will have to cover it for my Kinski blog...and for the fact that it divides so many people...thanks for the comments...

Out 1 Online said...

Eraserhead, Mulholland Drive, and INLAND EMPIRE are my top 3 Lynch films, I think, although the series Twin Peaks is brilliant.

I love Blue Velvet more and more all the time. I haven't watched LH in quite a few years, but really liked it then. I have the fullscreen DVD of it, but will be glad to replace it (finally)...maybe the new DVD will give me extra cause to revisit it.

Rogue Spy 007 said...

Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive are my favorite of his films. I also loved Twin Peaks. I did enjoy Lost Highway, so I wouldn't mind seeing it again.