Sunday, December 9, 2007

Requiem For Karen Sisco and Jack Foley


This is a special upcoming week here at Moon In The Gutter for several reasons. First off I am officially done with my next to last semester at school so in the next month I will have more time to write. It is also that time of year when the holiday season is really kicking into gear, which I really love. Finally, Moon In The Gutter is coming up on its first birthday which is happening next week. To celebrate all of the above I have decided to pay tribute to one of the great American films from...well ever...Steven Soderbergh's 1998 Elmore Leonard adaptation OUT OF SIGHT.
I knew Soderbergh's film was something special when I saw it for the first time nearly ten years ago during its rather brief theatrical showing. In the years since it has become one of my favorite all time films and I must admit that its stock keeps rising. OUT OF SIGHT might not be my favorite film, but there are very few that I really like more.
To celebrate my temporary release from school, the holiday season and the upcoming birthdays of both my little blog and Soderbergh's mighty film, this is OUT OF SIGHT WEEK at Moon In The Gutter. I will be looking at several aspects of the film, some of its stars, its director, the soundtrack album, the book it was based on and the brief but glorious series it spawned. I hope everyone will enjoy it as much as I know I will writing it...
Regular postings will continue as well...Unless I lose the ability to type or my girlfriend forces me off the computer, this should be a very prolific upcoming week here at Moon In The Gutter.

Also please take note of this weeks new poll focusing on Elmore Leonard adaptations...if this week goes well I might feature another favorite one next week.

5 comments:

Lastyear said...

Great movie.I used to manage a bookstore in Birmingham,Mi in the 90's and we had Elmore in several times.A very nice guy.Any news on Killshot.The advance word of mouth was bad and I figured it as straight to video in 2008.I remember seeing the previews over a year ago.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks LastYear...that is cool that you got to meet Elmore and hear him read...
haven't heard much on KILLSHOT. I wanted to see it and then it just kind of vanished...I hear they are makiing FREAKY DEAKY next...

colinrudge0380 said...

Happy blog birthday! Out of Sight is a really great film - I remember seeing it in the cinema with a bunch of friends - I just wish Jennifer Lopez could get a role as good as that again!

Rogue Spy 007 said...

Good luck with school. Congrats on the anniversary of the blog. You're doing a great job with it. I love this film. What a smart and witty film. It's definitely one of the best done in our time. I look forward to your blogging on it.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Colin,
I agree and would love to see Jennifer get another good role as well. Her career has turned out to be incredibly disappointing but it shouldn't take away how good she was in some of her early films...

Thanks so much Keith for the kind comments and continuing support...