Saturday, December 22, 2007

Spiked Egg Nog, A Body In The Attic and Gremlins...Lots Of Damn Gremlins

Christmas week is upon us so I figured I needed to celebrate some of my favorite Christmas themed films here. Instead of posting on recognized classics ranging from MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET to IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE, I thought instead I would focus on a few that aren't often included among people's holiday favorites. So this week look for posts on Bob Clark's BLACK CHRISTMAS (1974) and Joe Dante's GREMLINS (1984) among a few others like ABOUT A BOY (2002).
We lost Bob Clark tragically early this year and I would like to dedicate the upcoming week at Moon In The Gutter to his memory, and my warmest wishes go out to his surviving family in what must be a difficult time of the year for them.

Also this week's icon is one of the stars of GREMLINS, and a woman I have no problem admitting that I have been in love with now for over twenty years. I don't know any guy my age who didn't have a crush on Phoebe Cates at one point or another, so Christmas week seemed like a good time to celebrate it.
So sit back by your fireplace curled up with your laptop and eggnog (or just straight scotch) and celebrate Christmas with Moon In The Gutter this week.


Rogue Spy 007 said...

What a great idea. There are some really cool films that are set during Christmas that aren't necessarily what people consider traditional holiday fare. I loved Gremlins from the first time I saw it. What a great film. Oh yeah. I had a huge crush on Phoebe Cates when I was growing up, whether it was Gremlins, Fast Times At Ridgemont High, etc. What a babe.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith...I adore GREMLINS and watch it every Christmas now...