Friday, January 25, 2008

Beineix's Moon In The Gutter At Ebert's Site


A couple of weeks after casually mentioning Beineix's MOON IN THE GUTTER in his new review of DIVA, Roger Ebert is now featuring an article he wrote on Nastassja Kinski at Cannes in 1984 as one of the lead stories over at his site. I've always liked this portrait of Kinski and I was quite stunned to see it suddenly reappearing as one of his top stories with a lovely shot of her from Beineix's film.
Visit the above link for Ebert's talk with Kinski and some of his views on the film that inspired this blogs name. Also my best to Roger Ebert who I know has gone back into the hospital. I wish him a quick and speedy recovery.

5 comments:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I'll definitely have to check this out. I sometimes find myself at odds with Ebert's observations on films, but I wish him all the best.

Ed Howard said...

Wow, thanks for pointing to that article. Probably one of the best pieces I've seen from Ebert -- when he's on, he's *really* on. Made me want to see the film, for sure.

CG said...

Gotta love Ebert. Pretty excellent article....

Robert Monell said...

I saw MOON when it first came out in the 80s at an arthouse with about 10 other people in the audience. I really was impressed and have wanted to see it again ever since.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith,
I disagree with Ebert as much as I agree with him but I grew up watching him and have always admired him.

Thanks Ed...totally agree. It is a great article.

Thanks CG...much appreciated.

Thanks so much Robert. Nice to hear some positive words on the film. I really wish Criterion would follow up there presentation of DIVA with it and BETTY BLUE.