Friday, January 11, 2008

Cinebeats Look At Jose Larraz's Scream And Die


Kimberly from Cinebeats has posted a really excellent look at one of my favorite Jose Larraz films and it can be read at this link. The film is often overlooked as one of Larraz's major works but I find it to be an extremely effective work that gets better with each viewing. SCREAM AND DIE (1973) is probably its most well known title here in the States but it has also gone under the names DON'T GO INTO THE BEDROOM and perhaps the one I prefer, THE HOUSE THAT VANISHED. Kimberly's look at it is exceptional and I highly recommend it.

4 comments:

Cinebeats said...

Many thanks for the the nice words about my Larraz piecew Jeremy! I enjoyed writing it since I've come across so many negative reviews for Scream... and Die!, which I don't really understand. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Jeremy Richey said...

No problem Kimberly...I really dig the film and loved reading your fine piece on it...I don't understand the general dislike for it either...

Rogue Spy 007 said...

It was a good piece she wrote on it. This is one of the Larraz films that I've never had a chance to see. I've heard different reactions about the film, but I really want to see it for myself. Her post really has me psyched for it. It's cool that you love it so much.

Jeremy Richey said...

Give it a look Keith...I think you will really enjoy it