Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A Fantastic Look At One Of The Great Rock Albums


Ted Drozdowski has written a fantastic article on the making of The Replacements PLEASED TO MEET ME album over at Gibson.com.
The article features interviews with some of the key players and is a wonderfully written look at one of the best albums of the eighties or any other decade you care to name. The just recently published article happens to coincide with my reading of the long awaited book on The Mats entitled IT'S ALL OVER BUT THE SHOUTING which I hope to be posting on soon.
The Replacements historic catalogue is rumored to be getting a double disc reissue campaign this year and if that is the case they will make up some of the essential purchases of 2008.
Here is an interview with Paul and the boys just after PLEASED TO MEET ME CAME OUT where they discuss the album and some of its key songs.

4 comments:

Cinebeats said...

Please to Meet Me got a lot of playtime from me when it was first released. What a terrific record! I'll have to check out that article you linked to and I'll be looking forward to your upcoming book review.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Kimberly,
I love this album and Paul is one of my all time favorite songwriters. I am superpsyched for the special edition that will hopefully come out this year...

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I always loved this album. Never owned it myself, but one of my girlfriends did. It got a lot of play from us. I'll have to check this out.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith...that is obviously one very hip and cool girlfriend you had there! Give the album another listen when the special edition comes out. It is amazing...