Monday, January 14, 2008

Jennifer Connelly Film Poll


As many of you have already noticed I started a new poll yesterday focusing on the quite remarkable career of Jennifer Connelly. Connelly is far and away my favorite modern American actress and I was thrilled to hear a month or so ago that several of Moon In The Gutter's most faithful readers shared my admiration for her.
I had trouble posting this poll which is why several notable films are missing from it, including the really special SOME GIRLS that teamed Jennifer with the great Florinda Bolkan. The poll wasn't working at first but it appears to be now so I hope everyone will vote for as many favorites as they would like. I will be posting a few Jennifer related articles this week and will be taking a long look at one of her most masterful films, Keith Gordon's WAKING THE DEAD.
For more on Jennifer Connelly, please visit this link where you can find a lot of information and hundreds of photos, including the great one above which is taken from Jennifer's first role in Sergio Leone's ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA.

5 comments:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

Jennifer is a very fine actress. I'm a big fan of hers. She also has a natural beauty that is many times lacking these days in Hollywood. I just voted in the poll. I look forward to any of your blogging on this wonderful and beautiful actress.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith...Hope You enjoy it...

Filmbo said...

Where's Career Opportunities?

Mr. Peel said...

I won't complain about CAREER OPPORTUNITIES not being included this time but I would place THE ROCKETEER over the likes of LABYRINTH and HULK any day of the week. That said, I clicked off LITTLE CHILDREN and OUATIA, both of which are amazing pieces of work that I would rescue from a burning building before any of the others...not that I expect to be placed in such a position any time soon.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks guys...I initially had all those films you are asking about but the damn poll thing kept flaking out. I pretty much just had to randomly started clicking some off to get it to post and those disappeared...I definately wanted THE ROCKETEER on there...sorry about leaving them out.

Mr. Peel,
Isn't she incredible in LITTLE CHILDREN? I had some issues with the film but thought her performance (especially the dinner table scene) was incredible...