Sunday, January 27, 2008

Paul Schrader Film Poll Results


Thanks to everyone who voted in last weeks Paul Schrader poll. My long look at BLUE COLLAR will hopefully be appearing in a future issue of the Amplifier. Here are the results to the poll:

1. BLUE COLLAR (27)
2. CAT PEOPLE (25)
3. AMERICAN GIGOLO (22)
4. MISHIMA (22)
5. HARDCORE (20)
6. AUTO FOCUS (20)
7. LIGHT SLEEPER (19)
8. AFFLICTION (17)
9. PATTY HEARST (14)
10. LIGHT OF DAY (12)
11. THE COMFORT OF STRANGERS (10)
12. FOREVER MINE (9)
13. TOUCH (9)
14. DOMINION (9)
15. THE WALKER (7)

2 comments:

Cinebeats said...

I'm shocked that The Comfort of Strangers rated so low since I think it's his best film (followed closely by Cat People) but I really don't think a lot of people have actually seen it so I shouldn't be too surprised. It's really one terrific and seriously overlooked film in my opinion.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Kimberly,
I think it really just comes down to how little the film has been seen. I think if it and PATTY HEARST were more readily available they would have beeen much higher.
Thanks for the comments.