Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Return Of Michele Soavi


Okay, this is a good way to get the new year started. Alan Jones is reporting for Fangoria that famed Italian director Michele Soavi is returning to the horror genre finally fifteen years after the stunning DELLAMORTE DELLAMORE (CEMETERY MAN). The article, which has details on the new film, can be read at this link.
This will be most welcome news to Italian Horror fans, myself included, who have been hoping for the return to the genre by one of its last true visionaries. The story is frankly the first smile 2008 has brought so far. I wish Michele all the best luck with his new film, entitled CATACOMBS CLUB, and I hope it leads to many more great films from this very talented director.

8 comments:

Steve Langton said...

Thanks for the good news. I love Soavi's films, and rate THE SECT as his best work. I did here, going back many years, that his son was seriously ill and hope that everything is fine now for him. be good to see a new offering from him, and this one sounds very interesting.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Steve,
I know he has had a rough time and I hope everything is going better for him.
He made an action thriller a couple fo years back in Italy that I would really like to see but it hasn't had a stateside release...I am really excited about his return

Lastyear said...

Uno Bianca a thriller made for Italian TV is available in the U.S.It's actually very good.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Last Year,
I didn't relaize that was available here...I will give it a look

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I'm so thrilled about this. It's fantastic news. Been a big fan of Soavi's films. I loved Dellamorte Dellamore. I hope that things are fine with his family now. It's good to see him back.

colinrudge0380 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
colinrudge0380 said...

NoShame also released Francesco as well as Uno Bianca. I'm looking forward to eventually picking them up and seeing what he has been up to! (I noticed that you get a little card replica of the title car to make in the Uno Bianca DVD!)

Great news anyway - Stagefright is one of my favourite Italian horrors

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Colin,
I love NoShame but these releases completely slipped by me...I will absoultely check them out...thanks again