Thursday, January 31, 2008

Winterbottom

Later today I hope to be posting one of the longest pieces I have written here in a while as a tribute to one of my favorite modern filmmakers, Michael Winterbottom. Since his newest film, A MIGHTY HEART, got unjustly shut out this award season it seemed a good time to show some respect to this extremly undervalued director.
In the meantime, here is a favorite photo of the great man and I hope everyone will enjoy my look at his career which I should have posted late this afternoon.

3 comments:

Steve Langton said...

Greatly look forward to reading this tomorrow. Can't wait to read your thoughts on this great director. WONDERLAND is a big favourite of mine (wonderful Nyman score, too), though I love all of his films, with THE CLAIM scoring particularly highly.Be fascinating to read your opinion on 9 SONGS which I feel has been grossly undervalued.

Jeremy Richey said...

Hey Steve,
Thanks and I hope you enjoy the piece...get ready to see some love thrown 9 SONGS way as I feel it has been really undervalued as well...

Rogue Spy 007 said...

Just read and left my thoughts on your wonderful blog about Mr. Winterbottom. I'm definitely going to have to check out more of his work, especially A Mighty Heart.