Sunday, February 3, 2008

All Hail The King


As some of you have probably already gathered, Moon In The Gutter is saluting George A. Romero this week so I invite you all to take the new polls based on his career. How could George Romero not be one of my all time favorite directors and I feel a bit bad that I haven't featured his work heavily here before. With Diary Of The Dead approaching I figured now was as good a time as any.
I hope to get my act together and post a few Romero related items this week, including a look at one of his greatest often overlooked films, 1973's The Crazies. I hope the posts and polls prove interesting. Oh and a quick note, I included Diary of the Dead in the second poll in case anyone reading might have seen some early screenings of it.

Also I wanted to ask everyone to go and vote for your favorite Dario Argento film at Steve Langton's Last Picture Show. I visit Steve's blog daily and am always impressed with the topics he covers and his writing style in general. Since he opened it up, it has become one of my favorite internet spots. So head over and give your favorite Dario film and Steve some well deserved support.

4 comments:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I can't wait to see your blogging about George Romero. What a wonderful filmmaker. While I think he is rightfully so the king of the zombie movie, he's done some other great work as well.

Jeremy Richey said...

I agree Keith and I hope you enjoy the week here...

Steve Langton said...

Really looking foward to your Romero work. As Keith says, he has done other great films as well as his Zombie movies and I'm certain you'll do full justice to his impressive record. Thank you so much for giving my blog and poll a mention. I appreciate your kind support so very much.

Mike White said...

You're aware of http://www.georgeromerodoc.com/ right?