Sunday, February 24, 2008

Falling In Love Again (This Weeks Poll)


Recently I realized that in the year or so since I started Moon In The Gutter I had failed to write about any film pre 1950 and I must admit, I was a little ashamed. So to rectify that, later this week I will be focusing on one of my favorite classic Hollywood films starring Marlene Dietrich and directed by Josef Von Sternberg. Even though no less than Jean-Luc Godard called Dishonored (1931) one of the ten greatest films ever made, it has since fallen out of favor and is currently not available in the United States. I will be writing on the film this week and I invite everyone to participate in my poll based on the amazing collaboration between Marlene and Josef that is posted just to the right.
I realize this poll marks a change from Moon In The Gutter's regular time frame so I realize it might get fewer votes. However with Harry Moseby Confidential opened I hope to be focusing more and more here on pre 1970 films, so I hope all will cast a vote and continue to show some much appreciated support. Thanks and I hope the poll proves as interesting as my past ones.

2 comments:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I haven't watched as many films from the 30's to 50's recently as I once did. I do love the stars of that Golden Age. Marlene is one of my favorite. She's beautiful and talented in both film and music. I've got some of her music on CD. I love her voice. She was so different from any other actress of that time. Great idea for a poll.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith...looks like this will be my most unpopular poll here but I guess that is to be expected since this is the first movie from this period I have covered...