Thursday, March 20, 2008

My Weekend With Romero

Tomorrow George Romero is making an appearance at Nashville's Belcourt Theater to introduce his newest film, Diary Of The Dead. He will then be appearing all weekend at The Full Moon Tattoo and Horror Festival. I am planning on attending both and am very excited about it. I have never seen Romero in person so that added on to seeing his new film at one Nashville's best theaters should make this weekend quite a memorable one.
Other guests at the convention are Adrienne Barbeau, Dee Wallace Stone, Michael Berryman, Tony Todd and a few various actors who portrayed Michael Myers and Jason Voorhees. I love horror conventions and even though I won't be able to get any cool collectibles for financial reasons I should at least get some photos that I will be able to share here. I will also be posting my thoughts on Romero's newest for those interested.


James Hansen said...

Sounds excellent! I am very jealous. "Diary of the Dead" is pretty interesting. I meant to review it for Out 1 when I saw it, but now I'm leaving it to Brandon since he gets to hear Romero. It isn't maybe the best thing ever, but it's well worth a view and some discussion afterwards.


Steve Langton said...

Sounds like a great evening in store. He did appear in London to promote the film, but I couldn't raise the cash to attend. Hope you have a really cool time, and look forward to your report.

Brandon Colvin said...

I'll see you there, man!

Rogue Spy 007 said...

You lucky devil. I am so jealous of you. I'm happy that you get a chance to do this. Have a lot of fun there. I'm sure it will be a blast. Definitely let us know how the film is and all the details about the weekend