Tuesday, April 29, 2008

First Blood (1982) Returns To American Theaters For One Night Only


I am excited to hear that one of the best action films of the eighties, (and to my eyes, one of the best American films of that decade) First Blood is returning to theaters for a special one night showing on May 15th. Please visit this link to view the details on what promises to be an exciting night at the movies.
With Stallone's Rambo (still far and away my favorite film of the year) heading to DVD in the next month, this will be a perfect opportunity to revisit the film that started it all. The screening will also include the theatrical debut of the alternate ending as an extra, as well as a video interview with Stallone himself. Thanks to the always essential Stallone Zone for this news.

5 comments:

GFS3 said...

I'm going to have to check out the new "Rambo" flick on your recommendation.

I was a huge fan of "First Blood," except for the terrible burst into tears ending. Nearly ruined the damn film.

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I love this film and novel. Still one of my favorites. I watched it again not long ago. It still holds up so well. Never got a chance to see the new film at the theater, but definitely plan to get it when it hits dvd.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks to you both...reading this news actually made my week!

James Hansen said...

This will be incredible. Thanks for the heads up!

Jeremy Richey said...

No problem James...this news made my finals week easier!!!