Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Julie Ege: R.I.P.


I was saddened to hear this morning that Norwegian born cult actress Julie Ege passed away a few days ago from cancer. Fans will of course remember Julie from one of the best James Bond films, On Her Majesties Secret Service, as well as a number of British cult films from the seventies.
My favorite films featuring Julie include the delightfully over the top Hammer production from 1974, The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires, as well as The Mutations from the same year. My best to Julie's family and friends.

A photographic tribute to Julie has been posted at my Harry Moseby Confidential for those who care to stop over.

4 comments:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I was saddened myself to hear of her passing. R.I.P.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith,
Very sad news indeed...

Steve Langton said...

Sad news indeed. She really did light up the screen.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Steve,
Totally agree. I wish her family the best...