Sunday, June 8, 2008

Spiked by a Surprising Source

All through last week I saw Moon In The Gutter get more and more hits than it ever had before but I wasn't sure why. I finally placed it down to this article I wrote awhile back on actress Mary McCormack.

Mary's having quite a time right now with a top rated new series and a Tony award nomination and I was frankly thrilled to see my little tribute to her getting so many hits. It's actually one of my favorite things I have posted here, even though I never followed up with the fact that it was supposed to begin a new series on overlooked modern actors.
I'm even more thrilled to see Mary finally getting some of the major attention and recognition that she has more than deserved and I hope the Tony Awards (in which she is nominated for Boeing-Boeing) turn out really well for her when they air on June 15th.

As for her new series, In Plain Sight, that set some records last week when it premiered on USA...well I quite liked it. Readers here will know of my slight obsession with another show centering on a female U.S. Marshall and I found In Plain Sight's pilot to be a promising one, mostly due to Mary's witty and electric performance as Marshall Mary Shannon. I suspect if the show continues to do well this summer ratings wise that it will improve content wise and I will keep watching (although it will have to be online as my cable company does not carry U.S.A.).

Anyway, I'm excited for Mary and am glad to see her finally getting some of the attention she has been deserving for quite awhile. I was also excited to see my hits go up here and have to give credit to the great Mary McCormack Video Archive as they were nice enough to post a link to my article shortly after I posted it, which no doubt led a whole new slew of readers here.

In Plain Sight airs on Sunday nights on USA for those interested in giving it a look.


Rogue Spy 007 said...

That's so cool. Congrats. I've always loved Mary. She's talented and beautiful. She's done some incredible work, but I think she's often underrated. I'm glad to see her with her new show. I wish her the best with it. I've seen the commercials for it. I'll have to try to check it out.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith...episode #2 was good as well. It's kind of just a generic cop show at this point (which I love) but Mary is incredible in it. I hope it makes it...