Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Beineix's The Moon in the Gutter Coming to Berkeley

Nastassja Kinski, Jean-Jacques Beineix, Moon in the Gutter
A kind reader has informed me that the Berkley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive will be hosting a rare screening of Jean-Jacques Beineix's The Moon in the Gutter as part of a David Goodis retrospective on Saturday, August 23rd. The screening will be hosted by noir aficionado and former film programmer for the Roxie Cinema, Elliot Lavine, and information on this welcome event can be found here.
I'm thrilled to see that the film is not only being screened but is also closing the festival, which also includes the terrific Bogart and Bacall film Dark Passage, Truffaut's Shoot the Piano Player and half a dozen others. I wish I had the means to get to the screening but even though I can't I thought some interested readers here might...and if anyone does a full report would be most appreciated! Who knows, with Nastassja Kinski recently making a surprising appearance at The New Beverly Cinema's screening of Exposed, perhaps she might revisit this one as well.

2 comments:

The King Of Cool said...

That is really cool. I love the pic you posted.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith...yea that behind the scenes shot is out of sight.