Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I'm On It Bubba!

We all have our little unspoken obsessions. One of mine is the career of Don Johnson. I love this guy! I love him mixing it up with Tippi Hedren in The Harrad Experiment, I love him out and about with Melanie Griffith back in the day, I love him as Elvis, I love him as Crockett in Miami Vice, I love him singing "Heartbeat" in one of the most gloriously cheesy music videos ever made, I love him in Frankenheimer's Dead Bang and Dennis Hopper's The Hot Spot, and I love him with Patricia Arquette in Goodbye Lover...most of all I dig him the most as the smooth talking ultra-cool San Francisco Detective Nash Bridges on the series of the same name that ran from 1996 to 2001.
I'm very pleased to see that one of my favorite cop shows from the nineties (or any other decade for that matter) is finally hitting DVD come this October. Season One of the infectiously slick show starring Don, Cheech Marin and Jodi Lyn O'Keefe hits DVD on October 14th and is reportedly going to be loaded with extras including interviews and commentaries. I'm looking forward to revisiting the show and I hope they get Don to contribute to the extras. Click the above link for more information.


Rogue Spy 007 said...

As a young teenager, I would try to dress like Sonny Crockett. So did all the other boys at my school. We were all obsessed with Miami Vice. I was also a big fan of Nash Bridges.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith...lonely little post here and I appreciate you taking the time to comment on it. I love Don and think this series was a blast.