Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Legend of Lylah Clare and Several Other Rare Kim Novak Titles Coming to TCM

August is Turner Classic Movies annual Summer Under The Stars Month and August 12th is their Kim Novak day. Along with the more readily available Novak titles like Kiss Me Stupid, Strangers When We Meet and Vertigo, TCM is featuring several rare treats for Kim's fans including Boys Night Out, The Eddy Duchin Story, Five Against the House, Jeanne Eagels, Middle of the Night, The Notorious Landlady, Pffft!, Pushover and The Legend of Lylah Clare.
It's an impressive line-up of films not currently available on disc and I wanted to alert readers here since I have championed Novak and soem of these films before. TCM has a nifty little email reminder system you can sign up for each film so those interested are advised to do so...I know I am.

8 comments:

Tom Sutpen said...

Essentially what I do with TCM's schedule is put the whole month's lineup in a text document, edit out whatever I've already got on disc and/or don't wish to have (which ends up leaving 40-50% some months) and record accordingly; striking out each title as it gets scooped up. All of which is a long way of saying that August sounds like it's gonna be one busy month in this respect (yeesh).

I believe they're also running Frank Borzage's Man's Castle in August as well. There aren't a whole lotta films I'd recommend higher than that.

And while I'm here . . . thanks for linking to the Streetcar, Jeremy.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Tom,
No problem on the link...I always love your stuff so it is a pleasure.
I used to get Turner's monthly printed guide and would go through and circle everything I wanted to watch. It lapsed a few months back and I need to get a new system because I have been missing things...yours sounds good to me.
Haven't seen MAN'S CASTLE so I will be sure to check it out...thanks for the comments.

James Hansen said...

Thanks for the heads up. I don't attach myself to actors or actresses too much usually, but I've always like Kim Novak. Seeing some of those rarer films will be a treat for sure!

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks James...Hope you enjoy them...

The King Of Cool said...

That sounds great. I've always been a fan of hers, but never seen her in as many films as I would like. I'll definitely have to check this out.

Mr. Peel said...

This is good to know, since I saw THE LEGEND OF LYLAH CLARE about ten years ago and would love to see it again. My memories are a litle vague, but I remember it being pretty strange, with the most whacked-out ending I've ever seen in any movie. Ever.

Steve Langton said...

Wish we could get TCM. Sounds like a great channel, and good to see they are screening some of Kim's rare films.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith,
Hope you enjoy seeing her in some different films...

Thanks Mr. Peel,
Hoping you will offer up one of your always excellent posts on LYLAH if the spirit strikes you after seeing it again.

Thanks Steve,
I love TCM, just wish I could keep up with it better.