Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Long Live Xploited Cinema

I hated to see the news over at the mighty Xploited Cinema that they have decided to stop ordering new products and stop replacing older catalogue products starting next month. Xploited has been THE place to order import DVD's, rare soundtracks, genre books and magazines for most of this decade and their customer service has been second to none. I have never had a bad or negative experience ordering from Xploited's Tony Simonelli and this news is very disappointing to say the least.
If I am reading the message posted at their news page right it basically looks like they are going to start selling off their remaining inventory and then shut down as soon as their product is gone...a real shame and a real loss to genre and foreign film fans.
I haven't had as much money to order with since returning to school a couple of years ago but have always tried to support Xploited here every chance I get here with links and recommendations. There are still three of the Jean Rollin Encore Special Editions I am without so I will definitely find a way to get that order in before Xploited disappears for good.
I just wanted to thank Tony Simonelli for always coming through the friendliest and best service and for stocking titles at reasonable prices that no one else does here in the States. This is very sad news and I will miss dealing with a small independent company that went so out of their way to provide great service and worthwhile products.

4 comments:

Greg B. said...

It's always a shame to lose a business in the genre.

Dave S said...

ahh timing is everything. i've just recently found about these guys and their inventory is amazing. i guess it's all part of the universe's grand design to stop me from digging a bigger debt-hole with my dvd obsession...

like you say, jeremy, it's sad to see a small genre business that knew its stuff and that took care of its customers disappear.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks to you both for your comments...it is a real shame and a sad commentary on the state of independent vendors. I'll miss them and am going to scramble some money together to eventually get those final 3 Rollin sets for one last order.

Steve Langton said...

Sad news indeed. I only ordered a couple of items from them (would have purchased more, but UK customs always opened packages from them)and am sorry to read of their scaling down of operations. Very rare to find a company that actually cares about its customers.