Thursday, July 24, 2008

Roger Ebert Gives The X-Files: I Want To Believe a Near 4 Star Review


I must admit that I felt myself slipping into a depression yesterday as the early (and very mixed) reviews of The X-Files: I Want To Believe started coming in, so I was thrilled to wake up this morning to see Roger Ebert giving the film a near 4 star rating. I am deliberately not reading any of the reviews that closely as I don't want my viewing of the film tomorrow spoiled in any way but here is the link to Ebert's for those interested.

7 comments:

James Hansen said...

Glad to see that Ebert liked it a lot, although his reviews have seemed more off base and poorly written these days. Much more plot description than I ever remember him using a few years ago. Still, he's as close to a living legend critic we have. Don't mess with the best...or something...

Jeremy Richey said...

I think it is real inspiring that Ebert is still working so hard...the man has been through a lot. I was thrilled to see his positive review of the film...thanks for the comments James, much appreciated. I hope i can get to tomorrow's showing without having any big points spoiled.

Sara said...

Other then seeing the trailer and doing some minimal reading i do not know much about the new x files movie. I want to keep it that way until i see the movie. My opinion on this movie or any movie is the only opinion that counts.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Sara,
I wanted to post this link because I know the film is taking some hits from other critics. I was happy to see such a positive reaction to it...

Steve Langton said...

I'm also going to steer well clear of the reviews. I just want to go in there, bereft of any prior opinions and be enthralled.

Jeremy Richey said...

I know what you mean Steve...I really hope noting spoils my first viewing of it.

The King Of Cool said...

I had seen mostly mixed, and some downright nasty ones, reviews about this so far. It's nice to see that Ebert likes it. I'm so hoping that it will be good and will do well too. I saw that Ebert is leaving his tv show. Do you know why?