Tuesday, August 5, 2008

David Holmes Returns

David Holmes
In a year that has already given us some of the best music of the decade, courtesy of the likes of Portishead, Goldfrapp and Aimee Mann, one of the sure to be best releases is still on the horizon. Out in September is the long awaited fourth solo platter from my main-man David Holmes and I can't wait.
Entitled The Holy Pictures, the album offers up the most singing David has ever done on one of his records and is said to musically recall everyone from Can to Eno. Holmes has credited the genesis of the album with the crushing loss of his beloved mother ten years ago, and the samples I have heard so far are spellbinding and haunting.
Four songs from the LP as well as information on it can be found at Holmes official MySpace page, and the release date is September 8th. I look forward to everything David does and I doubt seriously I will be let down by this new release.

3 comments:

The King Of Cool said...

I don't know that much about him, so I'll definitely have to check this out.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith...he's a real favorite of mine and this album is going to be terrific...

J.D. said...

Awesome news, Jeremy! I had no idea. I must check out his Myspace page and give those new samples a listen.