Friday, August 29, 2008

Finally...The Shuttered Room to hit DVD

shutteredroom1xs7

I am thrilled to see that David Greene's haunting 1967 film The Shuttered Room starring Carol Lynley, Oliver Reed and Gig Young is going to be hitting DVD as a Best Buy Exclusive on October 7th. Outside of Richard Loncraine's Full Circle and Stuart Rosenberg's The April Fools, this is probably the film I have wanted most on a quality DVD and I can't wait to finally see it Widescreen.

Shuttered 2

To celebrate its release here are some promo photos from it and, for those interested, my looks at the film can be found here and here.

Shuttered

4 comments:

Steve Langton said...

Great news, although I'm disappointed it's a Best Buy exclusive as they don't ship to UK. Have to get my in-laws to maybe send me a copy. Nice to see this one hit DVD at long last. It was played to death on UK TV back in the day and has been a firm fave of mine since then.

The King Of Cool said...

I'll have to check this out. Love the promo photos. It is great that it's finally coming to DVD. Wonderful news.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Steve,
If you don't have any luck with your in laws, feel free to drop me a line in October and we can work something out. I hope it doesn't just stay a Best Buy exclusive.

Thanks Keith...I am so hyped to see a widescreen print of this. I hope they don't mess it up and it is a quality release...

boig said...

watch The Shuttered Room (1967) at here: http://tubedirect.net/index.php?q=The-Shuttered-Room
Also all what you want know about The Shuttered Room at here
Highly recommended!