Friday, August 15, 2008

Franju's Judex Coming to Region 2 DVD

Judex
Here is the cover art for what promises to be another one of the year's best releases, the remastered Region 2 disc of Georges Franju's fantastic Judex from Eureka's Masters of Cinema Collection. I recently finally saw this extraordinary film via a truly terrible VHS copy and I can't wait to get a look at this new disc. The DVD also contains Franju's Nuits Rouges as a bonus.
The couple of discs I have seen in this series have been exceptional and I suspect this one, streeting August 25th, will match the quality of Eureka's past work.

6 comments:

The King Of Cool said...

This is another film I've heard of, but never had a chance to see. I might have to try to check it out.

James Hansen said...

Great news!

Steve Langton said...

Got this one on my rental list. Eureka are an excellent company and I'm sure they will do justice to this film.

Filmbo said...

Eureka's MoC label is truly terrific. Not only are they on par with Criterion in terms of quality, but the films they release are far more valuable to real cinephiles.

Now if only there was a way to rent their discs from Netflix so I wouldn't be forced to blind buy their DVDs

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks everyone for the comments. I'm really looking forwrad to seeing a nice print of this terrific film...

underdog said...

Does anyone know of the possibility of a Region 1 release for Judex too? So far, nothing, so those of us in the States are left wanting. :-(